Sunday, March 6, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

About Me:
 
Thank you for spending some time with my blog! I appreciate students and parents wanting to keep up with the class on a regular basis. For those who don't know me, I am Miss Strahan, and I teach 7th grade Advanced Language Arts at Corkscrew Middle School in Naples, FL. I love Language Arts class because it is a great opportunity to really bring personal thoughts and interests into the classroom.


Why a Blog?

I wanted to create this blog to have an accessible space for parents and students to find information about our class and communicate openly. Feel free to comment on posts, but if you want to reach me directly, please email me at strahasa@collier.k12.fl.us

Topics of Discussion:



This blog was created primarily to discuss classroom activities, projects, and homework.



I will also post frequently about young adult books that I read and want to share with the students. My favorite classic that we get to read in 7th grade Language Arts is Where the Red Fern Grows, and I am very excited that Tangerine is a staple book that we can all share!



Occasionally, I may take the opportunity to share students' work with readers. Watch the video below (created by a student of mine this year) to get an idea of what students can create when they combine love for a book with creativity and technology:

 

 10 Ways to Blog in the Classroom: 

I recently had to the opportunity to work with some colleagues in FGCU's College of Education on a wiki site about blogging in the classroom. It is fascinating how fast technology is moving and how many different ways these new resources can be used for authentic learning!

Coming Soon:

Visit soon to see the lesson plan that explains how this blog will be used in the classroom.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment